It's nice to finally get some summer life in to my summer. I've been looking on the BYU network for jobs a lot and keeping an eye on things--this week I'm going to go to the library and see if my newly formed connections can get me a job. Maybe I'll also hunt down the professor that almost promised me a TA job, and perhaps do the same for another professor who I'd like to be an Office Assistant for even though I can't get ahold of him at all. So that's the job front.
I've been having a lot of fun making friends too. I can't really remember if I did anything particularly spectacular during the week, so I'm just going to recap this weekend. On Friday, I got back to my fun-organizing-little-self and organized a bonfire up at the base of Bridal Veil Falls. It was the most beautiful spot ever and we had a lot of fun. While my friends and I went to Macy's to get some makings for banana boats (which everyone loved :) we saw that they had camping chairs (one of which I have been wanting for a long time) for 6 bucks!!! So three of us bought them--they served the purpose and are worth exactly what we paid for them. I think the case is almost completely useless cause it ripped right away and some of the chairs are ripping too---but if I'm careful, mine might last me a while! It's bright green and sitting across the living room looking at me. (It also has armrests and a cupholder!!)
Then we came home relatively early (12:30 am) and all went to our respective apartments. My roommate Sarah and I (sitting in my camping chair, of course) were watching some TV and I was texting our friend Paxton, so he came over and brought his camping chair too. We watched George of the Jungle on TV.
Yesterday I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House again with a bunch of kids from my ward--I don't think I liked the tour quite as much this time because I didn't realize before how much walking there is through hallways and up and downstairs. I just felt really impatient the whole time to get to the celestial room and the sealing room. But it was still nice.
After the open house, we went to Zupa's for dinner. I got a turkey bacon avacado panini....mmmm!!!! and it had honey mustard on it which was surprisingly delicious. I've realized that whenever I get something to eat anywhere, if there is an item on the menu that includes avacado in the title, I always get it! Yummy.......
Then, I came back to my apartment and got ready to go country dancing! It was pretty fun, although it always gets soooo hot and everyone gets really sweaty. But it was fun. Afterwards, we came home and then my roommate and another friend Eric both went home to bed (wimps) and Sarah, Paxton and I and this other kid that was a friend of Eric went to the duck pond. Sarah is kind of obsessed with feeding the ducks, but she couldn't find any old bread, so she brought some ramen noodles. They weren't such a big hit with the ducks. So we threw crumbled ramen all over the ducks for a while and then decided to go sit at this little theater place and had an impromptu talent show! It was very fun! Then we sat and talked for a long time--it was a beautiful night.
Today I got up early to straighten my hair (which didn't turn out amazing, so I was a little unhappy with the loss of sleep). Then we went to church and that was pretty good, rather uneventful. I don't know if I'm going to Ruth and Jordan's tonight or not--right now I'm stuffed full of puppy chow and chewy chips ahoy cookies (which are surprisingly soooo good!) as our choir's reward for a good performance, although I meant to have macaroni and cheese for lunch. Tonight I'm hanging out with some friends again--Ward Prayer every Sunday really serves as a place where game night can be organized, so it's fun to play games with people every Sunday.
Well, that was a very long post and I hope that everyone has a wonderful week and makes sure to smile!
Fairy Pools, Loch Ness, Drumnadrochit
3 months ago
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're having such a great time! Although I don't even want to guess at what time you're going to bed. Good luck with the job search--if the teachers are on campus during the summer, dropping in on them may be more effective than emailing--just be a stalker.
Post a Comment