All right. I know this sounds extremely lame---but if you go to Erika's blog, the last 5 or 6 posts are all about my life. Mybyu.blogspot.com. There are even pictures! Although, I think there will be a lot more pictures on facebook.
I'll just give a little description of tonight.
We went to a Christmas party at the same house that my freshman ward had the talent show at! It was awesome and I even saw one of the members of my old bishopric (his parents own the huge mansion house and his daughter was one of the hosts for the party). It was incredible and such a beautiful house. Once I get tagged in some photos on facebook, just click on the album title and you'll be able to see the whole album, not just the pictures with me in it. I also saw Chrissy What-Ever-Her-Name-Is-Now from Benton Harbor and met her husband. At one point my friends and I were walking through the crowd and (I was at the end of our little line) and this guy stopped me and said "Hello pretty girl, what's your name?" I recognized him from one of my classes and seeing him from HumorU comedy, but I didn't say that. So I talked to him for a little bit and that's how I found out about the daughter of my bishopric member hosting it. So later I went up to her, pretended not to know who she was, and then she pointed out where her dad was, so I got to talk to him! It was great to see him and to reminisce a little bit (he talked about how incredible our ward was and how all the other bishoprics were jealous). It was great!
After the party, we changed into our new flannel shirts and took some awesome rockin' group photos. I think Erika wanted to take some cool group photos with the automatic setting on the camera, but it just turned into goofing off. We had a great time and now I'm sitting in my apartment wanting to go to bed but not wanting to find my pajamas or wash off my makeup but also not wanting to think about the horrible homework I will have to do. Ugh. At least my exam isn't due until 2:00 on Wednesday! That gives me time to stay up all night and do it or to get it done Monday. Most likely the latter.
Anyway, visit Erika's blog for a preview of the pictures and then the others will be on facebook soon I'm sure.
Well, I must be off to bed---but Christmas is in the air (I had my first orange in a LONG time tonight and it reminded me of Christmas morning! Yippee!! Also, it helped me identify with Laura Ingalls when she gets to eat the orange--I never really appreciated that scene until tonight and now all I want is a juicy, savory orange but I need to stop talking about it cause I can't have one. I'll just go drink a glass of milk).
I feel in a very talking-to-family mood right now, but sadly, it is very very late everywhere else where my family is, so I should go to bed too. We can talk soon enough. Love you all!
Fairy Pools, Loch Ness, Drumnadrochit
3 months ago
2 comments:
Oh man, I am just counting the hours. I am SO EXCITED TO SEE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Elise. Oh, my comments are over at Erika's blog. It's too hard to post here, too ;)
Post a Comment