Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tomorrow I have my first IB test (English paper 1--written commentary on prose or poem selection, in case you've forgotten) and I feel remarkably unworried about it. A ton of my friends are so psyched out about IB tests (my friend Lindsey studied all weekend...didn't even go out at all, at least at night), and I'm just like....meh. I know I have to study for some of the latter ones, but with the one tomorrow, there's not really much I can do! And I'm kinda excited for it to be over which, cause it's the last commentary I have to write for that class!!!!! Although, paper 2 will be an essay that seems forever long, so I'm not really looking forward to that either. I'm actually not taking very many IB tests...just English and French and the AP Psych test, which makes all the work I've done this year for the many IB classes kind of a waste...ugh.

I seriously can't wait anymore for school to be over. I just read Mary Beth's blog post for today, and I'm so excited!!! I have some really fun roommates it looks like, except they all seem really English oriented (cause you live with the people in your community for Freshman Academy) so that will be a change for me (I'm used to being the English expert of my friends!) Anyway, I have three roommates from Washington, one from Alberta, Canada, and one from Sandy, Utah. My Canadian roommate's family actually raises buffalo!!! She also has a sister named Ruth who is getting married this summer, and I think the same sister is going to law school at BYU! We all seem pretty similar in our tastes, so I'm hoping that we're similar enough to have a fun, crazy time but not to almost kill each other cause we're so alike. Anyway, I'm hoping that it will be a fun first semester--it looks that way right now.

Other than IB tests and making it through the last month of school, I'm also scrambling for NHS hours, and trying to concentrate in class so that I don't fail in the last month! I'm very ready to move on to college friends though...most weekends, if I call a couple people and they can't do anything, I just stay home, cause I don't really want to hang out with anyone else! I'm kind of done putting up with most high schoolers, adn I just want to move on. I can't wait especially for the environment at BYU--you get kinda sick of all the crude humor, the profanity, the half-naked girls EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK--and I just can't wait to be in an environment where I'm not surrounded by that everyday, and where everyone believes the same things that I do, and I don't have to explain anything to them.

Anyway, must go to bed so that I can get up and go to seminary and not fall asleep first hour---oh wait, i have my test first hour!! yay! that means i only really have to go to english, biology, and seminar tomorrow...hooray!!!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Hope your exam went well. I don't remember the English exam being all that difficult, actually; mostly I was irritated by the crazy procedures you always have to go through for standardized tests. And it's nice that they give you options.

I'm really excited you're coming out here (and glad your roommates sound nice!) Sounds like the buffalo ranch girl should have some pretty crazy stories to tell.

Do you know yet which hall you'll be living in? Can I drop by for lunch in between six-hour bouts of studying?