I'm ready for school to start! I have my books and my notebooks (although, Rachael and Mary Beth, for some reason I only got a 4 subject notebook for four classes---do you think that with those English classes I will need more note space? I am starting to think I do....)
Not many people are here, so Harriet and I have just been hanging out with ourselves. Last night we went on a walk and ended up going to see Mary Beth's new apartment (which is beautiful!) and we were telling her that not many people are here and that we had dates together the last two nights--baguettes and brie (which was NOT real brie, to our disappointment) the first night and lettuce wraps and french fries the second, both nights with our plastic martini glasses full of juice. Mary Beth said, "Wow, that sounds fun! So...who were the guys?" And we said, "Um......there were no guys. It was just us two. On a date with each other. Two nights in a row." It was funny :)
Yesterday we spent two hours in the bookstore looking at the Mormon artists and their art displays. I think that Liz Lemon Swindle is my new favorite Mormon artist, I kind of became obsessed while we were there. We were looking at all of her paintings and some of them actually made us cry! In the bookstore! It was kind of embarrassing when we were looking at one particular one and both of us were tearing up, and a guy came up and was like, "Are you finding everything you need?" I kind of looked away and we said, "Yeah...." And then, instead of going away, he said, "You know about the buy three get one free right?" And I just kind of started looking back at the paintings, cause I was so embarrassed that he was talking to us when I looked like I had been crying, so Harriet was like, "Yes, we know...." And then he eventually went away. We were telling Mary Beth this later, and Harriet said, "I didn't look at him either the whole time he was speaking to us!" So I guess he just thought we were both rude because neither of us had any eye contact at all. Despite the crying in a very public and crowded place, it was very good and we were both very surprised to have such a spiritual moment in that kind of environment.
Well, I have nothing else really to say, except that I am very excited that it is 8:45 am and I am writing on my blog.
Fairy Pools, Loch Ness, Drumnadrochit
3 months ago
4 comments:
ELISE!!! I just discovered your blog. I have no idea how I have lived this long without reading it. No worries love, I am your blog's newest stalker :)
I am excited that you are writing on your blog, too! And I'm glad you are at a school where you can have spiritual moments in the bookstore.
Hi Elise! Love your blog! Great title! Laughter does make the world a much brighter place! Love, Aunt Pam & Uncle Kevin
So that is where you have been for the last year. I thought you had gone to the movies and refused to come home.
I'm glad that you enjoy school, and are looking forward to your classes. It is a wonderful time...this is a wonderful time too. I truly enjoy having you and your sisters around. The food gets intense sometimes, but it is always good.
Love you,
dud
Post a Comment