
Today I went with Ruth to the store to get supplies for our pre-Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. We were going to be in and out in about and hour---we went over our time limit by 50 minutes. It was a rather exhausting shopping trip! But we sure got some delicious food. One of my favorites is the eggnog--both regular and pumpkin spice. Mmm....so good. I'm excited to drink it tomorrow! I was just going to bring mashed potatoes, but then becuase a lot of people haven't said what they're bringing, Ruth and I just decided to fill in a lot of the rest. In addition to mashed potatoes, I'm bringing Dutch Apple Pie, Grandma's Jello Salad and some eggnog. Hopefully the salad will turn out better than the last time I made it....but I want to make some really good mashed potatoes--anyone have any good advice of how to make some killer mashed potatoes? I got red potatoes and I want to leave the skins on--so if anyone has some delicious ideas, they would be greatly appreciated!
Last night I went to the Salt Lake Temple with a bunch of people from our ward. It was really really fun and I loved being in the temple and seeing how beautiful and peaceful it is.
I am so excited for the holidays! Thanksgiving will be a lot of fun, but I simply can't wait for Christmas. Ruth got me some air freshener spray stuff that is apples and cinnamon and it just makes me so excited to come home and be with my whole family!
3 comments:
we really like to roast garlic, then squeeze the cloves out into the mashed potatoes while they are being mashed.
my best advice: add milk GRADUALLY. you want mashed potatoes, not potato soup. :-)
Can't wait to have you home. Lots of cinnamon milk mix waiting.
I thought the roast garlic was being used as an air sent there for a minute--come to think of it, I love the smell of garlic in the morning.
love you,
dud
Post a Comment