Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today we received the long-awaited-and-yet-never-really-expected new black leather couches! For anyone who has been to my apartment, you know what nasty, old furniture we used to have--now we have some beautiful, unbelievably soft new couches! It is great!

Also, if I didn't tell you, I did get the custodial job that I interviewed for. However, I finished some paperwork on Friday and was supposed to hear about when I would start around Tuesday. I still haven't heard from them, and I'm starting to really question whether I should work or not! I've been getting emails from EFY about different trainings and things I need to prepare, and I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed. Because this is my first time as an EFY counselor, I don't really know what to expect and I'd much rather be over prepared than go in seeming like a greenie that doesn't know anything. I really want to be able to do things smoothly and effectively and I want my kids to look up to me and respect me. I just don't know if I should be working a night job while I'm trying to prepare for EFY (there seems to be so much more to do than I thought there would be)! A guy in my ward has been an EFY counselor for a few years...maybe I'll ask him tomorrow.

Also, I have been reaping the benefits of dinner group. We have had some delicious meals, and you only have to cook once in three weeks! It is amazing, and I look forward to it every day! Today a few of my roommates and I were in the living room working on different things for about an hour before dinner group; my roommate Stefani would periodically say "___minutes till dinner group!" about every 10 minutes or so...I think it is what everyone works towards every day!

This weekend my stake is going on a two day handcart trek (sadly, not to Martin's Cove). I'm a "ma", so I'm one of the leaders for the two "families" that are going from our ward (which keep shrinking smaller and smaller). I am really excited to go, but I am hoping that my wardrobe works (well, appears...I have nothing pioneerish!) and that the weather will cooperate. I really want to have a great time, and I just hope that we won't have little things holding us back from being able to do that! We are just going to a church farm a little south of Utah Lake, basically walking in a huge circle on the property. But I hope that everyone really enjoys themselves. My family is planning a few unconventional things...I hope we get a chance to execute them!

I don't really have anything else to say right now, so I guess instead of rambling, I will sign off and think about going to bed? But I'm so comfortable on the couch right now! (especially in my friend's borrowed sweats which are much too big and much too comfortable!)

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Congrats on the couches! We will have to visit and try them out~

Also, I think my friend Nick is in your stake. He's been talking about that trek and trying to decide whether or not to go. It sounds fun!

Rachael said...

Even though you're prepping for EFY, I'd stick with the job (and contact them!) It's only a few hours a day--you've still got tons of time to work on EFY! Don't forget that money is necessary for survival. :-)

Meghan said...

Have a great trek, kiddo! Bring 'em all back alive!

Erika said...

I love that you finally got the new couches! I thought it was never going to happen.