Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

Usually Halloween isn't really my thing. I don't spend forever planning ahead what I'm going to be. My freshman year, I had an awesome costume. Not the most attractive, but I was cool (first night: 60s rocker, second night: lumberjack). Last year, I didn't even go out on Halloween. Lame. This year, I was stressed out (I'm starting to believe I'm actually suffering from some kind of chronic stress disease) about Halloween, cause everyone was asking everybody what they were going to be...and I had nothing!! Finally, Thursday night, Sarah said, "I think I could see you as....a Greek goddess." BINGO! I loved it. Unfortunately, all I own that is remotely gold or Greek-like were my sandals. So now, after having borrowed lots of jewelry, makeup, etc, I also one full set of white twin sheets, a long string of gold, sparkly beads, and one pair of fake eyelashes poorer. But the outcome was spectacular (at least I thought so). For some silly reason I can't upload the pictures on here....I really don't know why. My blogging skills are going downhill.

I was super excited to post some pictures of Halloween and have something cool to put up, but now...well, at least I posted.

Halloween was lots of fun. My friend Kailey (in the pink sleeper with antennae) was a bed bug. My roommate Abby was Lady Gaga (don't ask) and my roommate Natalie was Miss America. Some of the other good friends that frequent the album are Jared (Maverick), Brandon (Nerd basketball player-the best part was how he acted the whole night....SO embarrassing at the beginning), Morgan (Lifeguard allergic to the sun), Michael (Crocodile Dundee...I'm guessing is how you spell it?), my summer roommates/neighbors/friends Genevieve and Rachel (Double Rainbow), Stefani (my fellow Grecian), Don (a Brazilian cowboy), oh and Bryce (the hick, hunter, whatever guy...who stepped on his fake teeth before we even left the house and so just looked like a hillbilly the whole night). Lots of fun friends (these are normally the people I hang out with...interesting crowd, huh? My roommate Sarah had a date so she couldn't come to the Stake Activity that we had Friday night. But we went sort of in the middle of the activity, right at the time of the dance. It was a bunch of fun, and my hair stayed curled for three days (I know, I know....shower shower shower). But there is a picture in Kailey's album on facebook just after she and Abby unpinned the curls...my hair was SO short and SO curly!!! It felt wonderful to have curly hair again! Here, it is just sort of wavy....SO sad.

Anyway, check out the album, I'm tagged in a few of them (it's Kailey's album) but once you click on one of my pictures you should be able to access the rest. Happy late Halloween!! On to November and huge term projects due before Thanksgiving!! (Although the bookstore exploded into Christmas today). Also, I've stopped biting my nails! (Pretty much!) The cuticles are still another question.....

Back to homework. King Lear, King Schmear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your post! I have to go check out your facebook photos. :) Love, Aunt Pam

Meghan said...

Great idea for a costume. You make a lovely Greek Goddess. I'm sure it didn't take too long to curl your hair; you can just do it before work every day and have your curly hair back!
Enjoy King Lear, and reason not the need.

Mary Beth said...

I found your photos on facebook! (And someday I will sit you down and teach you basic HTML. It is not that hard!) Your costume is so cool and you look gorgeous.