Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Long Night

I finally finished my internal assessment!! After hours and hours that dragged on and on (though occasionally punctuated with little encouraging Mary Beth comments and a very, very nice and appreciated little story about me in Wings, i finally did finish....the funny thing was, last night, it was only having to think of the information that was horrible..i wasn't the least bit tired last night; today, however, I think I fell asleep numerous times in my second row center seat in Mrs. LaVasseur's English class while she lectured us on our approaching IB orals. I kept hoping that she wasn't noticing, until one time, the class burst out laughing, and I had no idea what they were talking about. I don't think I was out that long--anyway, I was walking through the hall later, and Mrs. LaVasseur said, "Elise, are you all right?" and I was awake at this point in the day, so I said, "Yeah, I'm fine", and she said, "Cause I was considering sending an email to your mom saying, 'Just let her sleep in some morning!'" So there, Mom, I have my teacher's permission to sleep in. Luckily, she wasn't offended, and understood--and I still knew what she was talking about during the lesson (it was only really short naps, really, like for every minute of awakeness, there were 5 seconds of quick unconsciousness). Anyway, hopefully I'll be better rested tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Hah, I know that feeling. I've found that if you're really tired, it helps to have a little box of raisins or something to snack on--something small that'll last a long time, so you can pop in a raisin whenever you're falling asleep.

...This could be why I invariably have a box of raisins in my Early Modern English class...