Thursday, September 17, 2009

Update! (Kind of)

Dubai, Doha, Rhyadh, Karachi, Islamabad, Teheran, Baghdad, Kabul, Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing, Hong Kong, Llhasa, Tokyo, Kyoto, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Kuala Lampur, and Jakarta.

I've heard of like 5 of these cities, and do you think that I could label them on a map? Definitely not. I have to memorize them before tomorrow morning. This should be exciting (Along with their own countries, but that should hopefully be better. A little bit. Oh man, I know nothing about Asia....I'll have you know I got a hundred percent on the Americas quiz).

Well, this has to be quick because I still have a lot of homework, but I know I haven't posted on here for a while. School is dragging a little bit--mostly cause I have a ton of homework and classes aren't always the most exciting. I like the homework that I have to do (cause it's reading I learn a lot) but class can get pretty boring. And the reading never ends. Ever. Tonight I read the Pardoner's Tale for Engl 291 tomorrow (which is my favorite class--unfortunately, it is also my first class, so after that, I just have to push through 3 boring classes--Engl 252, Hist 202 and Geol 101). New Testament is pretty good (especially since it is my only class on Tuesday and Thursday) but I am beginning to think the upcoming test might kill me. Anyway, so basically, the story on school: boring class and endless homework. Also, the endless homework makes me go to bed late, so I am tired during class the next day. Engl 252 is particularly hard for me to stay awake in, because the subject matter is pretty theoretical, Marxist, and boring, and Dr. Muhlstein's voice is very relaxing.

But you are probably tired of reading about school. Things went better with my roommates today. Some of them have realized what has been the problem and have been making an obvious effort to get along better, so that is good. (I've also gotten a record of apology notes this week! 2 within 5 days!) But it was better in our apartment today.


Have a good day y'all! (as my friend Erika would say)

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Hi sweetie! I'm sorry you have to stay up so late doing homework; everything is harder when you're tired. I hope things get a little easier to manage as time goes on. And I'm really glad that things are getting better in your apartment. The sacrifices of "justice" we make in our life in order to avoid contention are generally worth it. Unless it involves the lights going out all over Europe.

Erika said...

Elise! I love you!! And your "y'all" :) You are just so wonderful, way to keep up all your hard work!