Monday, September 21, 2009

Okay, so here is the deal. I have had a pretty fun weekend this week, and I was going to put up pictures all about it. However.....my friend Erika has such a wonderful, picture-filled blog that....I could just forward you to her. Although I would like you to comment on here, if you feel like you need to comment. So, here is her blog again.... mybyu.blogspot.com--hopefully that works. There are a few days that she covers in her posts, I think there are like three or four that are about our adventures, so just scroll to where you see pictures of me!

More towards the bottom, there are pictures of a night when we tried to hike the Y. The last picture of the post is how both Erika and I felt about hiking the Y. She was very excited. I was....not. But we made it to the first switchback and then sat and talked for a while, walked up a little bit more cause we were cold, took more pictures, and then came down. Not very successful in the hiking part, but it was very fun.

Saturday we had an awesome time at the ward social. In that post, you see me feeding Erika ice cream blind folded---we weren't too good at it. I couldn't just pull off bite sized pieces, so I just ended up putting the whole bowl in her face, and she said it froze her teeth so she couldn't eat any more! We also did pudding pictionary--that first picture of the post is me with my beautiful portrait of Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty. That then evolved into a huge pudding fight, which was lots of fun and kind of gross when it dried. Luckily, there was a ginormous slip 'n' slide--SO MUCH FUN! I loved it a lot and got almost cleaned off by it, but went down it so many times and so forcefully that I was horribly sore all over my body yesterday and am still a little sore today!

After that we went to the game Saturday night. What a let down. However, I did have lots of fun with the people in my ward. Also pictured is the free hotdog I got from the kid in front of me! He was very loud and would turn around and say something to us every once in a while, and at one point, he announced to the whole stand that he was going to go get food. When he was going down the stairs, I shouted after him, "Bring me a hot dog!" Which, he wasn't really meant to hear, and but his friend did, who called after him of course, and to my embarrassment, they had a loud shouted conversation about how I wanted a hot dog and that he needed to get one for me. Well, he did come back with a hot dog and red vines (both of which I ended up sharing most of) and the hot dog was very delicious! It was nice of him, and rather shocking to all of us that he had actually gotten it.

Yesterday we had The Talk from our Bishopric, although it wasn't nearly as exciting as it was last year. More on self-esteem than chastity, and I haven't asked any of the guys if theirs was any more exciting. Sunday night, Harriet, Erika and I ended up floating around to a few guy apartments and then almost stealing a fridge. One of the apartments we were in was pretty nice and we asked if we could have their fridge. One guy said, "If you can carry it to your apartment" (down a few sets of stairs and across the street) "You can have it". Well....we moved it very easily away from the wall and through the kitchen and then we realized we had some problems with the water tube that couldn't actually be unplugged. But they were very surprised that we could move it so easily--I guess they didn't know it was on wheels :) So we had mercy and left them their fridge, but we did manage to steal all of the trophies from their mantlepieces. Hopefully none of them read this. We are excited for the little battle that will probably follow, because we have a few other objects of decoration in their apartment that we are looking forward to stealing.

I need to book it to class now, so have a great day! And don't forget to check out Erika's blog for the pictures of our weekend!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

If you had just directed us to Erika's blog, I would have been very disappointed and asked you if you're still taking your iron pills. However, you wrote enough after that to make up for your laziness in not posting your own pictures :) Glad you're having such a fun time. I enjoyed seeing you on MB's blog, too. Do you ever smile for pictures, or just grimace in threatening ways?

Meghan said...

Oh, and your link to Erika's blog doesn't link.

Meghan said...

Nag'em, nag'em, nag'em

Erika said...

Dear Elise,

We are quite the perfect blogging pair. I do the pictures, you do the talking. I love it. And you. Peace out yo.

-Erika