Friday, April 23, 2010

Moving.....

Today was one of those days where I barely went outside. You know when you get into bed at night and you suddenly realize that you haven't been outside ALL DAY? Well, I almost had that (I guess it's harder for that to happen when you're in a cramped apartment as opposed to a larger house). I went outside twice today, and I made up excuses for both, just so I could go outside. I went out once to check the mail and then once more later to return some very overdue books to the public library. At least it was sort of cold today, so I did get my packing done pretty efficiently. I just feel like I wasted part of me today though.

I'm pretty much packed up and ready to move to the apartment next door. There are a few problems: 1) The Cleaning Checks from Hell 2) The all day EFY training that is the same day as my checkout and move in date.

Starting with Problem Number One. You should see the list of what we have to do in our apartment. It is disgusting and very ridiculous. I have to clean the tub with a toothbrush, for one (we have some pretty nasty mold). Lots of other annoying and overly demanding stuff has to be done as well, none of which I am looking forward to.

Problem Number Two. EFY training session from 8 am to 6 pm on Saturday. Checkout is at 10, so I need to somehow wheedle the office into letting me move in early (basically, before the cleaning checks for the other apartment is approved) so I don't have my stuff sitting stacked in the breezeway (like other people will have to) while I'm gone all day. Then I need to come home and unpack. All night. Although, after packing all of my stuff today, I think I just want to live out of boxes and suitcases for the summer. Also, I found that I have someone's Europe dufflebag, cause I have two (neither of which is my original one). I think one is Dad's and the other might be Rosalind's (although one of the airline tags on one of them says Jordan's name). But anyway, I really don't want to unpack and then have to repack in the fall when we move to Banbridge (which I can't WAIT for!)

Anyway, I also have to prepare a mini lesson on something for the EFY training. I've already had to say no to helping out with something at church on Sunday, cause I won't have enough time to prepare! Ugh! This weekend just needs to be over. And I need to have a job. After that, I will feel better about everything. But for now, I feel constantly emotionally and physically stressed.

Well, after basically complaining for this whole post (I feel like I do that all the time), let's see if I can think of something exciting...

hmm....

........

...

..

.

My room is the cleanest it's ever been. It's ugly.


Oh, I took down the Venetian blinds in my window sometime during the summer and put up some red curtains. Unfortunately, I didn't really think when I put the blinds on top of the heater that runs along the baseboard. When I brought them back out to put them back up today, I realized that something had melted onto the cord (everything that touches that heater seems to melt--i had a whole bottle of body spray stuff melt and evaporate--, but I thought the blinds would somehow be immune to this) and so the blinds won't drop down all the way, and the long plastic stick that is supposed to close and open the blinds is now about half as long and melted into the shape of a leg with a foot at the end. It's actually pretty funny to look at, sort of like blown glass gone wrong. Oops.


I just tried to upload a picture of Hadrian's Wall, but I can't get it to work...oh well. Have fun, Mary Beth! I wish I was with you....watch out for the hot Sarmatians!

(for those of you questioning my adjective...of course the Sarmatians were hot. How could a character like Ariantes be anything less?)

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Congratulations on your move! I think it would be tiresome to live out of boxes for 4 months, so it's probably worth it to unpack, unless there are boxes you know you don't need to get into until the fall (clothes? school stuff?) and you can just put those in storage.
EFY training sounds exciting! Have fun; I'm sure it will work out somehow for moving stuff in/out. Home teachers??

Rachael said...

I think it's funny that both you and I thought, "Island of Ghosts!" as soon as we knew where MB was going.