So, a quick post before I have to get started on my long list of homework. Curious about what I am doing today? Well, I'll tell you. After I sign off here, in order I am:
1. Checking job listings/applying for job on BYU website
2. Buy another new charger from Ebay for my silly computer
3. Reading and quiz for my LDS Marriage and Family Class
4. Re-edit an Engl 293 term paper I thought was due in class today but apparently is just due sometime today. So double check it.
5. Do a research project on some facet of eternal marriage for my religion class
6. Engl 293 reading (Cheever: "The Swimmer")
7. Engl 292 reading (Larking: "Church Going", "Talking in Bed"; Walcott "A Far Cry from Africa", "The Season of...."; Heaney: "Digging", "Punishment")
8. Start brainstorming for my Engl 292 Paper
9. Learn the words to "O Nuit" a stupid song for my choir class that we are supposed to have memorized. We have a concert on Thursday. I hope no one comes.
And that's all I have listed. Oh, here's another thing I like to post on my blog---what classes I'm taking in the fall! So, you'll just have to read about that too.
Communications 101 (I'm contemplating a minor in comms) with Larry MacFarlane
Engl 295: Writing Literary Criticism with some staff member not listed....hopefully this won't turn out horribly dreadful....
Engl 376: British Lit 1900-1950 with Matthew Wickman
Engl 382: Shakespeare with Charles Fox
Engl 385: 1603-1660 with Richard Duerdan
Rel C 325: Doctrine and Covenants 2 with Steven Harper
That's it so far, 17 credits. This time signing up for classes was a lot more stressful because there was a lot less selection for professors and times....it was pretty hard to get enough credits with hopefully good professors. But of course, like usual, I stalked them all on Ratemyprofessor.com and looks like it will be a hard but good semester. Anyone heard anything different? If so, let me know. About the classes, too.
Okay, just a quick recap on this week. Rosalind was here and we had a great time. I'm hoping that she had a good time as well. We watched a lot of Bones, played a lot of games, walked around a lot of campus, hung out with a lot of friends, saw lots of ducks. That pretty much sums it all up in a sentence. Oh, and Rosalind held a tarantula. It was nasty. And one of its legs had fallen off, so it had a little nub where it was growing back. And Jordan got excited about a dying cockroach. It was pretty gross. We didn't take too many pictures...mostly some in the Bean Museum...if you want to see those, go on facebook. (Or have someone with a facebook show you I guess. If lots of people can't see them and still want to, I can post a few up here, just let me know).
Well, I do have a ton to do today. Hopefully it won't take too long, because I only have one cheese stick and some wheat thins to keep my tummy company until I need to be home by 7:30 for FHE. Cheese sticks have become my new diet staple. We'll see how long this one lasts.
Fairy Pools, Loch Ness, Drumnadrochit
3 months ago
2 comments:
Matt Wickman is awesome, but he will really make you work. I had him for a 600-level theory class and I don't think I've ever been as challenged in another course--then again, it was 600-level theory. But he is AWESOME.
Very industrious-sounding day! And your schedule sounds full for fall--and lots of fun. Hope you were able to get everything done, and that you enjoyed the spring peepers on your voicemail. (I called Mary Beth to record the froggies, too, so that's why I was confused. We biked up to the ball fields and walked down into Bishop's Bog a ways to hear the peepers).
Post a Comment