Today on our way up to campus (my roommate Abby, my neighbor-and-soon-to-be-roommate Genevieve and I trekked to the library), we stopped by the duck pond and SURPRISE!!

New ducklings!! It's probably been about a week since I was at the duck pond, and there are new ducklings! (It snowed on Monday, so hopefully they weren't born yet?!? sad little things) Anyway, they are absolutely tiny---the pictures above obviously aren't pictures of the ducklings we saw, but I just wanted to show you how tiny and adorable they really are! They were the smallest ducklings I had ever seen, and there were about 12 of them swimming around one mother duck. So cute!Also, there were some new but not as cute sunbathers at the pond:


The second picture is more what we saw, I just thought the first one was funny. And weird. But we had fun watching a turtle try to climb out of the water onto a root, but it kept slipping off...but it was all in slow motion! We were rooting for it, but it was just not as cute as the ducklings. So after we had our fill of cute fluffiness, we tore ourselves away and hiked up to the library. So, I should probably get back to studying. I came over to a computer to email something to a professor and got completely distracted. Anyway, I need to study for another hour and then I have a two hour review session which I am sort of dreading, since I never really had fun in the class (sudoku kept me from getting bored/frustrated at the professor) but the TA is running the review session and I think it will be better. Anyway, hope your spring day is just as beautiful as mine is (or as it should be...)
Also, my friend Erika (whose blog lots of you read when I didn't really post on mine...she had all the pictures anyway)--today was her last day working in the Romanian orphanage and she is leaving tomorrow to backpack Europe! I am pretty jealous, but she is so excited cause this trip is the little (of course, I'm not speaking literally when I say "little") southern girl's first time out of the country! I think she will have a blast.
5 comments:
Study hard sweethaat...(with a Bogart drawl). Hopefully the ducklings and turtles won't mix it up.
love dud
A banner day--you and MB both posted! (where is Ruth?!)
I'm glad you got to spend some of the day outside, even if for most of it you'll be in the library! What is your schedule like for finals week?
I am so honored to have made it onto your blog from across the world! Good luck with finals! Love you!
Hope things go well for the last few days of class and finals. I hope those turtles aren't carnivorous, too! Do you have to study in the basement? Isn't there a space by a window? Love you, kiddo.
Post a Comment