Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Warning: No Rebuking Comments Allowed, I already know I'm up too late.

Well, it is indeed 3:28 in the morning....and guess who is wide awake! Seriously, there is a problem here. Tonight was a friend's last night in Provo, so I stayed up later than I should (than I had been--I'd been going to bed at relatively good times) and now that I'm home, I'm in no position to sleep now! So hopefully staring at the computer screen for 10 minutes will tire my eyes out enough to let me just go to sleep.

Tonight as I said, I hung out with some friends and had some good deep thinking and talking. It really got me thinking about how blessed I am to have lived the life I have lived, and even I even feel a little guilty sometimes (I go through phases of this---I remember lying in my bed while I was a teenager and wondering why I got to have such a nice, warm, safe house when lots of people in the world couldn't even fathom a house like that. Or food like I have). But mostly, I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the blessings that I have and for the amazing family that I am blessed with. I love my family more than words can even express.

I just thought about how it would be fun to sort of list my family members and really write down why I am so grateful for them in my life, but the more I thought about it, the more people I thought of that I should talk about. So I decided not to do that, but instead maybe just copy Rachael's birthday post idea. But to everyone who reads my blog (and even those who don't) you are so important to me. If you want to know specifically why, go ahead and ask because I am just brimming with thanks and appreciation for the people in my life.

I have a great supportive family all over the country and some of the best friends ever right here in Provo (although, with semesters and seasons ending, some friends are leaving---this summer won't be without tears, I think! Some things never change) and I can't even explain how much love I feel towards everyone in my life! (This could be the late night getting to me...my emotions are much more susceptible to over-dramatic-ness late at night).

All-in-all...I'm feeling very positive and optimistic towards the world right now (at 3:37 in the morning). And it's thanks to my family, my friends, and my Heavenly Father that I am feeling this amazing happiness. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Love you, sweetheart. You have always been a ray of sunshine in our family. Your kindness and happiness is a blessing to the people around you and a gift from God to bless our lives. Build on all the blessings God has given you to become a force for good everywhere you go in this world.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.