Yesterday was kind of crazy. We had cleaning checks so we were trying to clean and do homework all day. Then last night there was this huge activity at the ice rinks for all of BYU. They had broom hockey, cookie decorating and hot chocolate, ice skating, and a dance. The broom hockey was my favorite! It was fun to get into a competitive mood again, even if it was slightly crazy. So we were there until midnight, then we got shuttled back and I hung out with my friend Jeff for a while and had some good conversation. Then I got up for church this morning, and didn't shower like I had planned because I got up at a normal time, not early enough to catch the hot water. Our building, a building full of 75 girls, is constantly plagued by cold water. It does not make one want to shower very frequently if the only showers available feel like ice water.
So we had church today, Fast and Testimony Meeting. For the first part, they asked all of the people that are leaving at the semester to get up and bear their testimonies, so it was really cool to hear all of the guys that are leaving on their missions and hear their testimonies (It also changed it up from the usual people). Then Break the Fast (our apartment made Shepard's Pie) which went well, and now I'm back here.
And now for some Canada pictures!
Sometimes it's nice to run around and let loose...especially when you're miles and miles away from civilization. We could probably use this frolicking time this upcoming week.
These pictures were the result of us at the Waterton ranch getting tired aroudn 11 or 12 and deciding to go run around outside and climb on rocks to wake us up.

Me playing August Rush--unfortunately, neither of them had seen it.

This next one, you can't see me very well at all, but if you focus really hard, you can see that it's an awesome frolicking shot.
5 comments:
Just say "no" to Jeff.
Broom hockey till midnight and no shower before church...we will talk more about hygiene when you come home, and I'll turn the water heater up.
Cool grass in the frolicking pictures. Is it native buffalo grass?
Love you,
Dud
who showers anyway? how else do you get that nice silky-soft hair (as long as you don't actually touch the greasiness, right?)
btw: Shepherd. :-) As long as you and Dud are practicing your spelling.
and guess what, at Thanksgiving I showered Thursday and then not again until Sunday. Even though there was lots of hot water at Mym and Dud's house. I just was too lazy and tired.
Dud:
well, broom hockey didn't make me very sweaty at all, cause there were like 30 people on the rink at a time, so not much running was involved (at least on my part....a lot of the guys got sweaty, cause they were running and pushing and crowding, but because I am SO much smarter, I stayed open on the outside)
and i'm going to shower.....like, right now. maybe.
and i don't know about the grass, but we could say it is!
and Rachael:
Mym spelled it Shepard's Pie in an email, so I figured that was how it was spelled.It's not my fault I trust in parents that were both highly educated in English but still can't spell....
and I am very proud of you about the showering (or lack thereof) at Thanksgiving.
Hmm--wasn't this one of Alan's Shepard's meals aboard the Apollo spacecraft? I always thought that's where the name came from....
Geez! Why do I have to do everybody's research?!
Shepherd's Pie
Post a Comment