Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So, the best part about today was the dinner that we made at about 8:30 (although my human development class was pretty cool). We went to the Creamery and I then cooked a dinner of some kind of deliciously marinated steak (can't remember what it's called, but it was yummy), garlic mashed potatoes, garlic breadsticks, the best frozen corn I've ever had (it tasted like it had just come off of the cob...so sweet and crispy!), and then Harriet made some English gravy....it was all delicious! So Harriet and I had a big full dinner and then Lauren had some mash potatoes, corn, and even tried some steak (she used to be a vegetarian and still hasn't quite warmed up to meat all the way). But it was so delicious and was a full and balanced meal and we even set the table for ourselves!! So good! (and I managed to have it all ready at once....a tremendous feat).

Our light in our bathroom went out and we went a long time with it being all dark (Starla eventually brought out a little emergency lamp and Harriet and I were thinking of stringing our christmas lights in there so we could shower) But then our friend brought up the obvious idea of just taking a light from the kitchen into the bathroom (they're all the long thin ones) but he wasn't sure whether they were the right lengths. So I broke out my trusty tape measure from my trusty tool box and we switched the lights! So now we don't have to shower or use the bathroom in the dark (even if lighted by christmas lights).

Today was rather yucky and mucky (I stepped in several parts where the I thought the mush was solid, only to have my entire foot and ankle soaked....boy, am I excited to have those boots come. I was wearing flats that didn't even cover my whole foot, but I thought it would be a better alternative to heels).

Anyway, tomorrow I think Mary Beth and Ruth and Jordan and I are going to the Cannon Center for dinner, so I should have two good meals in a row!! YAY!! and Lauren and Harriet both want to have good meals more often.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Your boots came in a box the size of a coffin. I will try to get them to the post office this week, but honestly, the box is so huge, I may ask Dad to do it instead. We'll try to get the boots to you from the STUPID NINE WEST people who didn't actually have the box shipped when Ruth called them.
Glad you had a balanced dinner--it sounds delicious--but you need a green vegetable in there somewhere!

Mary Beth said...

What time are we meeting for dinner, again? And where?

Also, that dinner sounds FABULOUS. I had a frozen burrito. *sadface*

Rachael said...

so i felt really bad for you when I read about going in a puddle over the top of your shoe. that is really, really, really sad!