Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Well, Harriet and I made dinner tonight and it was so good! We ended up making Neil's breadsticks with the corn chowder and it was delicious! And we were especially proud of ourselves for it finishing cooking all at the same time! Mmm, yummy! And we made Scott eat some when he came over and then he said "I'm about to give you a very big compliment. I think it's better than my mom's corn chowder." And then we got very, very, very excited! YAY! So it all worked out very well and now we're deliciously full. And thank you all for your suggestions! I thought that Mary Beth's oatmeal bread would be really good as breadbowls but then I didn't have any wheat flour, so we ended up making breadsticks, but it was still really good!

Well, I'm still watching silent movies in my film class--they're interesting, cause they're the first films made, but I'm tired of my professor telling us what happens in every scene! Cause I can definitely follow along with the words that they say on the screen....but it makes me happy when the movies only have French words and I can mostly understand them! But my classes are so much fun and I really like the fact that they are more diverse ages and have RMs in them (but that's all I'm saying about boys...)

And I'm so happy every day that Harriet is my roommate! She came into Biology the other day straight from German and said, "Du bist mein bester Freund", which means, "You are my best friend". She said that their teacher asked them what phrases they wanted to learn how to say, and that was the one she asked about!! But we have a ton of fun together all the time and it's great to have your roommate be your best friend.


Tomorrow I have social dance, then an hour break, then Book of Mormon, then a 3 hour break, and then Human Development. So, I hate the feeling, but I've been saving up lots of reading to do in that hour break....ugh. I hate putting homework off until a later time, it feels so yucky. But we have lots of soup left over so Harriet, Lauren and I are going to hoard it and eat it later! Yay! But no breadsticks left...those were delicious. And thanks Mom and Dad for the help when I called!


2 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm happy your meal turned out so well. I don't think you need WW bread for Mary Beth's oatmeal bread, just oatmeal and molasses. But it takes longer than breadsticks, so it was good to save her recipe for another time.
I always wonder about the sub-text behind lines like "but that's all I'll say about boys."
Love you, kiddo. Have a wonderful day.

Mary Beth said...

Mom's right; you don't need wheat flour for oatmeal bread. It does take about 3 hours to make, though, where breadsticks only take one. (But it is so good! And lasts longer! Maybe you can make some to eat with the rest of your soup. Would you mind sharing the recipe for the chowder, by the way? 'Cause I've never had corn chowder, and I've always wanted to try it!