ah...now you've officially experienced freshman year. did you throw any unwashed dishes or tape over the thermostat so nobody could change it from your pre-selected setting? those were always the signs of war in my apartment.
I'm guessing at this point that you have gotten over the irritation and don't need a real lecture. So just some loving reflections: as I get older--this Saturday I'll be closer to 100 than to 1--I realize that the final judgment is based on how we treat others. Matthew 25's parable of the sheep and the goats is more than a lesson on kindness, it is in fact the policy manual for the final judgment.
Go ahead and be irritated at their actions, but remember to be as forgiving as you want to be forgiven.
I love you and hope you are having a wonderful time. Be careful with the RM's. There are a lot to choose from and the choice has long term consequences. Give yourself lots of time and give your studies lots of time and attention.
4 comments:
ah...now you've officially experienced freshman year. did you throw any unwashed dishes or tape over the thermostat so nobody could change it from your pre-selected setting? those were always the signs of war in my apartment.
no, but harriet and i are thinking of putting vaseline on the doorknobs...
Hope you like 'em better today. Just an opportunity to exercise those Christian values you learn about in class and firesides.
Have a great weekend!
I'm guessing at this point that you have gotten over the irritation and don't need a real lecture. So just some loving reflections: as I get older--this Saturday I'll be closer to 100 than to 1--I realize that the final judgment is based on how we treat others. Matthew 25's parable of the sheep and the goats is more than a lesson on kindness, it is in fact the policy manual for the final judgment.
Go ahead and be irritated at their actions, but remember to be as forgiving as you want to be forgiven.
I love you and hope you are having a wonderful time. Be careful with the RM's. There are a lot to choose from and the choice has long term consequences. Give yourself lots of time and give your studies lots of time and attention.
Love you,
dud
Post a Comment