So, I got an email today saying that I had got a scholarship for spring/summer! So--here's my dilemma--I have that scholarship, but should I take classes or work during the summer? The minimum credit requirement for the scholarship is 6, but I don't know whether it would be better for me to go to school or work. Maybe take classes during spring and work during summer? Anyway, any suggestions are very welcome. Also, class suggestions would be nice too :)
5 comments:
It's pretty easy to both work and take classes in spring and summer. I'd recommend it--someone paying you to go to school is ALWAYS a good thing, especially if you're staying out here already!
never turn down free money! And six credits is only two classes--if you don't have a job, you'll probably be really bored.
As far as course recommendations go, I'd take classes that you've been dreading or that are supposed to be pretty hard--you'll have a lot more time to study than you would during a regular semester. SUmmer is a good time to get nasty beast classes out of the way.
However, (continuing on from Rachael's comment), you also have to take into account that you are pushing one semester's classes into a half semester, so if a class has a lot of reading in the regular school year, you'll be scrambling to read it twice as quickly. But I agreed, you can probably handle two classes and a job. That cooking one Ruth and Mary Beth took might be a good one, along with a core class.
By the way, big Congrats on the scholarship. Have you signed up for housing yet? And I think it's time to update your blog.
I just realized that every single one of your entries for the month of February begins with "So." (Look at the sidebar if you don't believe me!) I think that's pretty funny. :D
Post a Comment