Monday, October 20, 2008

I don't really have time to write in here cause I have so much to do today, but I have to do a journal entry--it's part of my homework I guess. Right now I'm in the library studying for my physical science test, which I'm planning on taking tomorrow. I'm in the process of taking the vocab quiz online for it (you can take it as many times as you want...so you can take it, look at what you got wrong, go back, study, then take it again). I was just checking a few terms, and then I was coming back to take it and hopefully be done with it, and then Blackboard crashed!!! Stupid Blackboard...so now i'm waiting and hopefully it will be up soon so I can get this over with, study some more for the test, and move on to working on my Civ paper that's due tomorrow--which will probably keep me up late. I don't think I'll be able to make it to FHE tonight, and I don't know if very many of my roommates will either, cause we all have that Civ paper--everything is basically creeping up on us very quickly. So after I have my Civ paper turned in and my physcial science test done, then I have my big research paper to do! AGH! lots and lots of work---last night I got to bed at a decent time and then I kept waking up in the middle of the night! It was the first time since I've been here that I haven't slept soundly--the funny thing was, it didn't really annoy me, cause I woke up at 2:00 and I was like, "I have 5 more hours!!" and then after I eventually got to sleep, I woke up at 6:00 and watched my roommate get up to go work in the library on homework before class and thought gleefully that I didn't have to get up for another hour and a half...it made me happy. Anyway, I think I'm going to try to see if I can take that quiz---then I'm going to go home for dinner at some point, finish whatever physical science stuff I need to do, then come back to the library to do my paper. I've found that I really can't study very well at all in my apartment...so Harriet and I go over to Young a lot, but we can really only study there for an hour or two before we get distracted by the company...so if I want to go to bed at a good time tonight, I need to come back to the library.

Anyway, back to my homework!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm glad to hear you are such a studious student. The library is a good place to be when you really need to study. Good luck with all your stuff, and tell your teachers next time to give you more than two days' notice on a paper!

Rachael said...

yesterday I was wishing I was back in school (I had to go through some old notes to prep for a book group discussion). Isn't learning fun? It's just remembering that in the crazy moments that's always a little challenging. :-)

My two favorite places to study: generally I would go to the carrels on the south end of the 5th floor of the HBLL (but away from all the study tables so I couldn't be distracted), and then freshman year I liked studying in the law library. Very quiet and very very close to Heritage! Plus it's open all night.

Oh, this makes me miss BYU. I loved walking home from the library at night and looking at all the stars. Enjoy this time of your life! So fun. So many great opportunities to learn and grow and shape who you are.

Mary Beth said...

Rachael is right. You should come study in the law library. Everybody in the carrels next to me goes home early, so you could use them!

Also, I have candy.