Sunday, October 19, 2008

So, tonight was a stake Halloween party/dance thing, and it was fun, but i got tired! So now i think i'll go to dances an hour or so late so that i don't get so tired. I did end up going as a lumberjack...i had a red plaid shirt and suspenders and my pants were rolled up above my shoes and i had a fake russian fur hat toboggan thing and i put dirt/soot looking stuff on my face, so it was a pretty fun outfit. Pictures will come later when my friends put them up.

We actually had a very scary incident this week. My roommate Krista had a pretty scary seizure and she had to go the hospital and everything...it was VERY scary to be there and to see it. There were lots of tender mercies though--my roommate Ashley was just about to go to sleep, but some quiz thing kept her awake, so she was more alert when Lauren came running and able to call 911 immediately and be coherent and calm. I had just walked in the door and was getting ready to go to Wendy's with some friends (we were going to leave earlier, but Harriet's homework was taking a long time and was being kind of difficult--if she had finished earlier, I would have been gone). I happened to be hanging out with our RA so I knew exactly where she was and ran to get her. Two of the boys I was hanging out with as well were at my apartment immediately ready to give Krista a blessing. There were just so many things that were exactly right at exactly the right time that was too much to be coincidence. I was really thankful that we were all where we were at that time so that we could help Krista right away (oh, and when she had the seizure, she was talking on Skype to a friend from home....the same friend had been with her when she had her first seizure 7 years ago--that was a blessing too--that friend called Krista's parents and was able to give us more information to give to the paramedics when they came). It was a really scary experience, but Krista is doing well now and we're all really thankful.

We had cleaning checks today, which was probably the most stressful time I've had since I've been here...I got home a half hour before our RA came to check and was REALLY stressed out about getting everything done...but we did very well and our apartment is very clean now! So now i'm going to bed, except there's lots of stuff on my bed that my roommates dumped on there while cleaning other parts of the apartment.....anyway....

I'm getting more and more excited for Christmas...it seems so far away, but this last month and a half has gone by way fast, so it won't be that long before Christmas! (which also means that exams will be fast in coming...) anyway, love all of you!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Yay for fun Halloween parties! And I'm so glad you were all able to help you roommate. Sounds like a lot of tender mercies coming together to ensure that she was okay.

I missed you yesterday. Hope you had a good night.