I'm really excited for this week. Nothing is really happening, but I have a week of just normal homework. That is, until I get my midterm on Thursday from Book of Mormon, which he said will be about 2 or 3 hours....but it's take-home and open book and open note...
But I read Rachael's post today about her freshman year....and I realized that my friends and I need to step it up on the craziness and making memories! Actually, I think we do some pretty crazy stuff, and I guess we've only been in school for a few months....but still....
Tomorrow night, Harriet and I and some other people are going to Hocus Pocus and I'm way excited!! Then I do'nt really know what we're doing this weekend, but it's always a surprise. It's kind of funny, cause some of my roommates are just starting to go out and play and party and they're always talking about it and about how late they stay up and everything....and then they're like, "haha, the roles have kind of switched in our apartments! (cause one of Harriet's roommates is in this group too) Elise and Harriet go to bed at midnight, and we're up till really early in the morning! haha!) and Harriet and I are just kind of snickering and waiting for the sleep deprivation to slam them. We've learned our lesson....theirs is yet to come, and we are eagerly awaiting it.
But it's funny cause their rules are: "well, we work on school stuff Monday thru Wednesday nights, and then we party Thursday thru Sunday!"
But Harriet and I have it planned out much better--we study during the day and then go and have fun with friends till about 11:00 or 11:30 and then we go to bed...and then we get about 8 hours of sleep! And then we still have lots of fun on the weekends! I think even though Harriet and I are seen as more "partiers" we get our work done and our social life in evenly....like for those research papers? Harriet and I were up late working on them...but then I got up this morning (and these same roommates of mine like to get up early and do their work) and I got up at 8 and I asked them how much of their paper they had done...and they said 2 pages (most of them)....the paper had to be 7 pages long....and most of them had class at 9...at the maeser building...so they had half an hour....it was a mess....and i felt much more responsible than my usually very responsible roommates.
Anyway, I think my time management is goign pretty well, which makes me feel better. We have a Book of Mormon assignment due Thursday, but Harriet and I are goign to get it done today becuase we're going to Hocus Pocus tomorrow! Aren't we smart?
Fairy Pools, Loch Ness, Drumnadrochit
3 months ago
5 comments:
You are so wise and amazing! And I was just writing a module about rest and rejuvenation, and you are so on top of it! Good job, kiddo.
So how come you posted to Rachael's blog at 3:14 am, bedtime girl?
Rachael's blog timestamps with her timezone, not with ours. So it was really only, what, 1:14 a.m. when Elise posted? Totally reasonable!
my blog timestamps with its own timezone, trust me. at least when I post it does. for instance it said I posted at 12:00 pm--which is right at lunchtime. no posts possible then!
also, note that my post talked about studying. a LOT. and i should have said something about "turning our room into a cave with blankets over the windows so we could sleep, and making a goal to take a nap in every building on campus, and comparing the best spots around campus to nap," because trust me, there was a LOT of sleeping going on!
in other words that's me saying "don't have fun! go study! and then sleep!"
and then maybe some fun after that. just a bit. :-)
Post a Comment