Saturday, September 20, 2008

Football and Homework

So, it's been a pretty good day so far! I slept in for a while, then got up and make chocolate chip pancakes for a few of my roommates--they were delicious. BYU is playing Wyoming right now, but instead of going to the game, cause we have so much homework, we all stayed home. Right now, Ashley, Starla and I are in the kitchen working on homework, listening to the game on the radio. This is the score right now!!

Live BYU Football Score Update

1
7
0
2
20
0
3
14
0
4
-
-
Total
41
0
Scoring Summary







1st Quarter
11:10 - BYU - Scott Johnson fumble recovery returned 64 yd for TD (PAT good)

2nd Quarter
6:08 - BYU - Harvey Unga 1 yd TD run (PAT blocked)
4:03 - BYU - Max Hall 62 yd TD pass to Austin Collie (PAT good)
0:31 - BYU - Max Hall 11 yd TD pass to Austin Collie (PAT good)

3rd Quarter
11:35 - BYU - Max Hall 11 yd TD pass to Harvey Unga (PAT good)
8:25 - BYU - David Nixon interception; returned 21 yards for TD (PAT good)

(I hope that format turns out okay when I publish this...I copied it from ksl.com which I've been checking every few minutes to make sure I'm hearing everything correctly)



It's pretty amazing! So far, between this game and last week's, BYU has scored 100 POINTS to zero!! It's actually pretty cool to listen to the game on the radio. I already know more of the players' names just by listening to it, and I think it's cool that the announcer calls all other players by their last names, but quarterback Max Hall is always referred to as "Max"...it's cool! So we're having fun listening to the game and getting our work done at the same time.

So far I've finished my personal response to Black Orpheus and my 4 page personal narrative on my tree. Today, we opened the windows in our kitchen and a nice fall breeze has been blowing in so I put on a hoodie, put my hair in two braids and I'm wearing my Cabela's hat! (Our neighbors asked how that game had been, and I was like..."I didn't go...I just like to dress like I did!") Anyway, it's been a great Saturday so far and I'm feeling very productive. Starla and Ashley just left to go take half hour naps, but I'm on a roll! --so I'm going to keep working and listening to the game!

No comments: