Okay, if I'm going to post all the time, you have to comment on what I say--otherwise I'll stop posting. Actually, I probably won't cause I have to for my writing class, but I'll not be happy! Anyway, today was a pretty good day, I think (I have difficulties remembering my days). I turned in my Civ paper, tried to take a nap and failed, had a very stressful 10 minute walk/run to the Maeser Building but arrived exactly on time, learned Greek, came home to study outside, talked to Mary Beth for an hour or so under my tree, went to the Cremery, saved 60 cents because we brought our own bags (thanks Mom and Dad!!), came home and talked to several family members in the course of trying to figure out how to cook chicken, cleaned the kitchen, made some delicous Chicken Crescent Rolls, had some boys over to eat them and watch Supernatural, was surprised by the new twist in the plot, went over to Young and almost fell asleep while about 25 people were playing a very raucous game, literally did fall asleep while playing Egyptian Ratscrew, went outside and sat under my tree with friends, got a few back massages, watched a boy apartment's version of American Idol called "Roommate Idol", felt bad for the roommate voted off, then came home, ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on the delicious bread I just bought, and am currently thinking of how comfortable my bed will be and what an amazing run on sentence this is.
And since I'm sure you're wondering what Roommate Idol is, I'll give you a run down. So, there's a boy's apartment that kind of just started it as a little game amongst themselves. They all get three votes and they vote for the best roommate of the week. And then at midnight, they have a "broadcasted" episode out on their front "porch" thing. If you've seen American Idol, it's a lot like that, without the judges...it's basically the ceremony you see at the end of these reality compitition shows where someone gets voted off. A big crowd gathers on the porch to watch! They have an M.C. from another apartment and a camera man that holds one of those little wheelie vacuums on his shoulder and moves around getting different "shots" while the M.C. uses the vacuum extensions as a microphone! (I should get pictures at next week's). We've had quite an upset the last few weeks! Bob, the obvious favorite, was voted off last week, and then Nate was voted off this week---quite a surprise for both of them! Sean, Sam, Chris, and Ben are still safe, but who knows what will happen in the next week! (haha, Sam was stressed out all day--he's the one that started this--and he was like, "Elise, I'm so worried I'll be voted off Roommate Idol!" It was funny! Anyway, I must go to bed now
Fairy Pools, Loch Ness, Drumnadrochit
3 months ago
3 comments:
Being a mother, and having amazing insight and intuition, I pull all my gifts to bear and conjecture that you need more sleep. Falling asleep in Egyptian Ratscrew just kind of suggested that to me. So--be sure you're getting enough sleep, kiddo.
And Roommate Idol sounds compelling but stressful. I'm glad you're watching it and not competing.
And...good job refusing to give out your number when you don't know someone, even at BYU. Good call(s).
Love you
just thought you ought to know that today, September 19, is National Speak Like a Pirate Day. Pretty important. Better celebrate.
So what did your friends think of the plot twists? I was wishing last night I had a group to watch with--the only friends I knew were watching it were two hours behind me, so I got to hear them squeal to me (over IM) but I had to keep silent while I watched! I thought of calling you afterwards, but figured you'd be having fun. So I'm glad you were. :D
Post a Comment