Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oops....

THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGE! IT MADE MY DAY!!! I didn't know about it until I was on facebook and my friend Brad got on chat and was like, "You have a package!" and then I was sooooooo excited!!! (And it's a good thing you sent bandaids--especially Batman ones--and neosporin, because I've suddenly become much more accident prone). Here is a recent list: the big leg injury, stabbed my back with the corner of a cabnet door, burned my neck with a curling iron, hurt my wrist in my sleep, ran into the doorknob with my elbow, got a crazy random sore throat thing, bought throat spray for the throat thing then dropped it on my toe, and something else that we can't remember.

Anyway, throat story: so....my throat muscle (or so it feels) are doing this really weird thing...when I'm singing or laughing (so this happens a lot) the muscles in the left side of my throat (like, by my voice box area...back of my throat down a bit) clench up really, really hard and it chokes off whatever I'm saying or laughing....and it hurts! It really hurts then and is mostly sore for the rest of the time...but not like I'm sick...like I hurt it. (I just realized...could I have strained my voice somehow? I haven't really done any hardcore singing very much, although we do sing a lot...but lately I've been going tunnel singing and we had choir practice--I don't know, but Rosalind, can you ask Corlyn?)

Anyway, so I went to buy some throat spray at the Cremery and ended up getting some of that numbing stuff--the thing is, I'm not supposed to use it for more than 2 days..and if it keeps hurting than i'm supposed to see a doctor! (or so the bottle says) Anyway, Rosalind can you ask Corlyn?!?

So, I got this stuff...then we had an interesting time spraying it into my mouth...we don't really know how much of it actually got anywhere...we'll see what happens! Right now it feels fine, but we'll see how it is tomorrow. Anyway, we have some pretty fun pictures of Starla spraying it into my mouth and using the back of a fork as a tongue depressor.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

I'll check with Corlyn--did you yell a lot at the game on Saturday? Might be good to go to vocal rest for a couple of days.

Rachael said...

how come nobody sends ME packages, huh? i am so much cooler than elise.

Ruth and Jordan said...

i got a package with t-shirts and pants once. it was pretty cool.

Elise said...

oh, and ruth and mary beth, they sent me stuff for you....so you got something too! (and MB remind me to give you your family reunion t-shirt)

Mary Beth said...

Oh, YAY!

I am free after about four o'clock this afternoon. Can I stop by after then?

Elise said...

yes! i might be outside studying by the tree, so come to the front door