Monday, November 17, 2008

Dad, your comment on my last post made my day--and from now on, I'm calling you "Dud". haha.....hahahaha.

Right now I'm going to try to work on some homework in order to make myself tired (with Naomi), because I took a REALLY long nap today on accident! I went to bed around 1:30 or 2:00 after Krista fed me bacon, and then I woke up at 5:00 and realized that all my roommates were at ward choir, and I should probably go! Then I was like, "oh, I don't really feel like it, I'll call Ruth and see if we're having dinner". Ruth was in Grantsville, so I was like..."well...I don't really have anything else to do..." So I went to Ward Choir at about 5:10...and it ends at 5:30...but the choir director is my roommate and the pianist (who also helps direct, kind of) is one of my really good friends. So....I wasn't punished.

So after choir my friend Jeff (the choir pianist) and I decided to make spudnuts...and they were delicious! And we totally ate too many....but we had a ton...so we let everyone that kind of wandered in at different times have one or two (although, even though we had a lot, we only offered one! we're a little selfish...) and then I took some over to one of our FHE brothers, who just got called to serve a mission in South Korea! But he wasn't there, and Collin and Jackson kind of perked up with interest when I came in with something looking deepfried and delicious (It was funny, I walked in and I was like, "Is Brett here?" and Jackson was like, "No...but we are...." So I gave them a few and left the rest on the table.

Then we had ward prayer, and Jordan and Ruth came by to use my Ethernet and then Ruth told me about the dinner she's doing next Sunday (pre-Thanksgiving dinner kind of) and she was very cute and excited about it! So I'll go to that on Sunday, and then I leave for Canada on Monday after Naomi takes her test!!! YAY!!! it will be a very fun break. And I gave Ruth and Jordan some spudnuts too...Jordan was very dubious about donuts that had potatoes in them...but Ruth was very excited. and Jordan realized they were delicious.

Then after ward prayer, Collin and Jackson drifted into my apartment looking for more spudnuts and I gave them some. Then Brett came by and he got some spudnuts that were a little bit fresher and there was this other kid too that came with him and it was his birthday, so I gave him some too. Then I hung out with various people and now I'm going to have Caralee straigthen my hair so I don't have to deal with it for the next few days (I'm also out of mousse). And then if I'm still not tired, I'll do a little bit of homework and go to bed! (Oh and my room is so clean...on Saturday, I couldn't wait to do my homework becuase I could do it at my desk!)

3 comments:

Seagulljaap said...

Sounds like a good day. Any day involving bacon is good. By the way, if you are reading this and it is 1:30 in the morning. Go TO BREAD!

Meghan said...

Keep your desk clean, so you will always be excited to do your homework! Sounds like a fun day, and I'm glad the spudnuts turned out well. Ours did, too. We had to hide the last two for Rosalind's breakfast, or they all would have been gone.
Don't stop calling Dad "Pops," even if Dud is really cute, too. But I love your "Pops."
I love you, too, not just your cute words (and I think of you every time I drive in the garage and see the Frabic box).

Rachael said...

Elise, I am excited for Christmas! be safe in canada.