I find it amusing that everyone is on vacation/break and I, the least likely, am still blogging every day. I guess it is kind of homework.
So, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today Naomi and her brother Isaiah (who, Rosalind, just turned 16 and is pretty cute! hehe....) and I drove to Banff National Park--it was gorgeous!! I took lots of pictures...but I have to wait till I get home so I can steal MB's camera cord and upload them. Then we had a wonderful dinner and I got sooo full...seriously, I've eaten so much...Naomi and I decided today that we didn't gain the Freshman 15 until we came home from school. My stomach feels so tight after every meal!! So we ate, played some games and then we just finished watching Batman Begins. Wonderful movie. I like the second one the best though. I think. Maybe just because Heath Ledger is freaking amazing.
Anyway, tomorrow we are going down to their big ranch at Waterton to finish out the break. Naomi and I are going early and her brothers I think are going to try to get one more hunting trip in up here. Seriously, it is so sad. They seriously go out on at least one hunt everyday (today it was two) and they just can't find any thing satisfying--I think they've seen some stuff, but just haven't shot at it. This morning, Naomi and I woke up to her brother Hyrum knocking on the door and asking if we could come out to drive any possible animals up to them in their little staked out position on a hill, because everyone else was already up and long gone to town. So we went out for a while...I have learned that hunting requires lots and lots of patience and that patience may not be often rewarded...I really hope they get something tomorrow!
But--it's Thanksgiving...and here is just a little list of things that I'm thankful for!
MY FAMILY
Naomi's family's hospitality
Washer and dryers in homes
Long, hot showers
Mom-food
Movies
Wireless internet
Trees
Mountains
Crisp winter air
Beautiful country with few people
My deer-patterned p.j. pants
Parents' financial support
Scriptures
Games
Funny people
Sleeping in without an alarm clock
Long drives in the country
Sore throat-soothing herbal tea
Flushing toilets
Real t-shirts
Friends
Fabric softener
Clean, fresh sheets
Clean rooms
Sisters who will let you just come over
Good health
Temples
Just hearing Dad's voice on the phone
Leaves/sticks crunching under your feet
Peanut m 'n' ms
Doritos
My camelback water bottle
Knowing where my keys are
Having a mom that did everything for us at home
Selfless parents
Little baby hands
The fact that Dad made sure we were "outdoorsy girls"
When Mom had yummy food ready after school
Having a car during high school
Seminary
Best friends=family
Pretty dresses
Delicious food that you make yourself
When people say thank you
When people say "bless you" when you sneeze
Relatively cheap gas
Still firmly believing that my dad can do anything.
Having a little sister that *usually* listened to/took my advice
Having a mom that wants to talk to me whenever I want/need to
The fact that my oldest sister has beautiful children
The fact that so far my sisters have made good husband choices
Missionary work
The Book of Mormon
The Atonement
Jesus Christ
Knowing that my family loves me
My education (so far)
Clean clothes
Dessert
My country childhood in Ohio
My suburban teenage years in Michigan
Mormon boys
When Mom pets me...my roommates have grown to understand the importance of this
Having vacations with my family
Eternal families
And now I have to go to bed....but I'm thankful for lots and lots more things!
Fairy Pools, Loch Ness, Drumnadrochit
3 months ago
2 comments:
Elise, you just have a grateful heart, and it brings joy to everyone around you (and Heavenly Father likes that, too).
I'm glad you're having such a wonderful time. It sounds beautiful. There have been lots of years we've tried to figure out how to fit in Banff, but after 2-3 days of driving west, it just seemed too much to add another full day up and back. But maybe we can figure it out.
We had an interesting Thanksgiving; I got really sick the day before, and spent the night feverish with chills and fever, nausea, etc. I ended up not doing any of the Thanksgiving dinner, and I stayed upstairs while our guests (5 families) were here. Fortunately, Rachael took over and she and Dad and Neil did a great job. Everyone seemed to enjoy it--I came down for about 5 minutes to say hi--but it seemed like a fun group. Chris Bingham told me to try gargling with cayenne pepper, so I've been doing that. I don't know if it will work, but I like it better than gargling with salt water. It reminds me of salsa.
I'm trying to put together the family cookbook--any recipes to add?
Love you, sweetie.
yeah, i've added some stuff, i need to check and see what it is that i've added
Post a Comment